- Bake sifted flour in a preheated oven at 220 degrees Celsius for 3-5 minutes.
- Heat sugar and remove once it begins to melt. Then, pour sugar into eggs and mix well. Start with the lowest speed and increase speed gradually. Optionally, add vanilla paste to the batter. Add baking powder to flour and fold into the batter.
- Heat mould with oil for at least 5 minutes at 200 degrees Celcius. Remove oil from the heated mould. Pour batter into it and bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove kueh bahulu and brush oil into the mould before proceeding with the rest of the batter.
- Allow kueh bahulu to cool before storing them.