Luncheon & Mushroom Patties
Prepare the luncheon & mushroom patties
- Chop the shiitake mushrooms and garlic finely. Combine the flax meal and water in a bowl; stir well and set aside.
- Break up the vegan luncheon meat in a large mixing bowl. Add chopped mushrooms, garlic and sugar, then mix well.
- Add the flax meal mixture and continue to mix until well combined.
- Shape the vegan luncheon meat mixture into thin mini patties and bake in the oven for 20 mins at 180°C.
Prepare baguette & toppings
- Toast the baguette slices until golden brown.
- Add the shredded cheese of choice on top once the patties are thoroughly cooked. The cheese will melt slightly on the patty; alternatively, heat it in the oven for just a few more minutes.
Assemble the canapés
- Start with a toasted baguette slice, then lettuce and a luncheon patty.
- Repeat until all the canapés are assembled. Top with pomegranate seeds, then serve and enjoy!