12 Red M&Ms
115g Unsalted Butter
70g Brown Sugar
10g Golden Syrup
150g Plain Flour
2g Baking Soda
2g Ground Cinnamon
2g Ground Ginger Powder
50g Dark Chocolate Chips
50g Cream Cheese
2g Vanilla Paste
1⁄2 cup Icing Sugar
Prepare the dough:
- Combine plain flour, baking soda, salt, ground cinnamon and ground ginger. Set aside.
- Cream butter, sugar, and golden syrup.
- Add egg (bit by bit), cream till ribbon stage.
- Mix dry ingredients into wet ingredients over 2 portions.
- Add and fold in chocolate chips. Chill dough for 2 hours.
Start cooking the frosting:
- Mix cream cheese, butter, icing sugar, vanilla paste and a pinch of salt.
- Cook & whisk over low heat. Transfer frosting into a piping bag and set aside.
- Next, using a tablespoon, measure cookie dough and place each dough in a cupcake sleeve.
- Bake cookies for 20 mins at 180°C.
Assemble and serve:
- Once cookies are baked, remove from sleeves and let them cool.
- Decorate cookies: using the frosting, glue a strawberry to a cookie.
- Pipe the beard (refer to picture) and add either an M&M or jelly bean to the beard.