Italian-Style Chicken Stew
Gathering more reviews
·Rate this recipe
|1 1⁄2 cups|
or chicken stock
Baby New Potatoes
Pitted Black Olives
or mixed olives
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
How to cook
- Preheat the oven to 190°C.
- Place the flour in a bowl, season with sea salt and black pepper, then add the chicken and toss to coat.
- Heat some oil in a large casserole pan on medium heat, add chicken and fry until golden all over.
- Add strip in the rosemary, then break up the garlic bulb and add the unpeeled cloves.
- Fry for a few more minutes, then add the wine or stock and the potatoes.
- Destone and tear in the olives, bring to a boil, then cover with tin foil and cook in the oven for 1 hour, or until the meat is cooked through.
- Remove the lid for the last 10 minutes to crisp up the chicken.
- If the sauce is a little thin, place the pan on high heat with the lid off, bring to the boil then simmer for 5 minutes, or until thickened.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pan of salted water to a boil.
- Trim and shred the greens, trim the beans, then cook in boiling salted water for 5-6 minutes, then drain.
- Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil, add a squeeze of lemon juice, then season to taste, toss together and serve alongside the stew.
Tried this recipe? Rate it!
You may also like
Egg Mayo & Chicken Ham Croissant Sandwich
Ginger-Scented Egg Custard with Grouper
Tom Yum Goong
Chinese Watercress Soup
Love Bug Pie
Korean Army Stew, Christmas Edition5.0 (3)
Festive Seafood Abalone & Fish Maw Soup
New Zealand Superior Wild Abalone with Red Chili Stew
Fried Spaghetti Balls
Salmon Stock4.5 (2)
Tsukune in Miso Happy Broth
ABC Soup5.0 (1)
Steak with a Peppery Mushroom sauce
Simply Cook Vegetable Kit – ABC Soup5.0 (2)
Clam Chowder Bread Bowl
Spicy Chicken Nuggets
Salted Egg Yolk Chicken Wrap
Chicken Soup with Ginger and Shiitake Mushrooms
Pork Shoulder & Mushrooms Red Wine Stew5.0 (3)