4 Potatoes (large sized, peeled and quartered)
3 Lemons (halved)
1 Onion (small sized, quartered)
1 Garlic (medium sized, halved lengthwise)
1 Onion (large sized, peeled and diced)
¼ cup Water
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Prepare the potatoes and lemons
- Season the potatoes and lemons with salt and black pepper, then toss to evenly coat them.
- Place them onto the baking tray.
- Prepare the mayonnaise mixture
- Add 1 teaspoon of lemon zest into a small bowl.
- Add in the mayonnaise, raw honey, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, cayenne pepper, kosher salt and black pepper to the lemon zest and mix to
- Prepare the chicken
- Pat chicken dry with paper towels.
- Rub half of the mayonnaise mixture evenly all over the chicken and underneath the skin over the breast.
- Sprinkle chicken evenly with salt and pepper.
- Slice the remaining lemon and place it inside the chicken cavity along with quartered small onion, garlic and rosemary.
- Place the chicken on top of the lemons and potatoes in the baking tray.
- Roast in the preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove the tray from the oven and baste the chicken with half of the mayonnaise mixture, then return to the oven for another 20 minutes.
- Once again, remove the tray from oven and baste with the remaining mayonnaise mixture, then return to the oven for another 20 minutes.
- Tent with foil halfway through cooking if too much browning occurs before internal temperature is reached.
- Roast until it is no longer pink at the bone and the juices run clear.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.