Indian Style Mee Siam with Fresh Prawns
Red Cargo Rice Vermicelli
Chung Hwa Assam
dissolved in water
soaked and softened in water
Salted Bean Paste
How to cook
- Cook whole fresh prawns in a pot of boiling water for 10 minutes. Drain, peel, slice in half and set aside for topping.
- Boil the eggs, peel then cut them into half.
- Soak the red rice vermicelli in a bowl of hot water for 8-10 minutes. Drain well.
- Fry the red rice vermicelli with a tablespoon each of oil and sambal tumis. Set aside.
- Blend onions, garlic, dried shrimps and candlenuts into a paste.
- Add oil to the pot and saute the blended ingredients till fragrant for 10 minutes.
- Add sambal tumis, salted bean paste and fry for 3 minutes.
- Add ground peanuts, 1.5 liters of water and assam (dissolve in 500ml water, removed seeds) and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add sugar and coconut cream once the gravy is done simmering. Bring to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes
Assemble & serve
- In a bowl, place a serving of rice vermicelli, then add some gravy over the vermicelli.
- Garnish with a hard-boiled egg, chopped chives and half of a lime.
- Before eating, squeeze the lime all over the mee siam.
Tried this recipe? Rate it!
You may also like
Braised abalone with scallops, mushrooms and broccoli
Prawn and Egg Fried Rice
Sweet and Sour Prawns with Assorted Fruits
Steak with a Peppery Mushroom sauce
Traditional Coconut Burfi
Fried Mee Tai Mak
Simply Cook Vegetable Kit – Indian Chicken Curry
Homemade Laksa Noodles
Teochew Style Steamed Fish
Braised Prawns, Crab Meat & E-Fu Noodles In Oyster Sauce
Chicken and Ham Roulade with Plum Sauce
Pulled Beef Rendang with Local Veggies Slaw
The Four Kings
Simply Cook Vegetable Kit – Indian Fish Curry5.0 (1)
Wok-fried Mee Sua with Tiger Prawns
Roasted Salmon and Vegetables with Cucumber Yogurt Sauce
Butter Chicken Masala served with Pilaf
Seafood Hor Fun