Healthy Fried Brown Rice
Gathering more reviews
·Rate this recipe
cooked, best cooked the day before and refrigerated overnight
|3 1⁄2 cups|
stems discarded, thinly sliced
cut into 5cm pieces
sliced into thin strips
Virgin Coconut Oil
low sodium Japanese soy sauce
How to cook
Prepare the ginger-infused oil
- On medium fire, heat oil in a large sauté pan.
- Add in ginger, and stir constantly to prevent burning.
- Cook until a light, crispy brown (about 1 minute).
- Turn heat off, remove the ginger immediately and set aside.
- Leave the ginger-infused oil in the pan.
- Reheat the ginger-infused oil.
- Add in garlic, red chilli flakes, shiitake mushrooms, and a small pinch of salt.
- Cook over medium heat for about 2-3 minutes until the mushrooms start to release moisture.
- Toss in the asparagus and continue to sauté for another 2 minutes (add in more oil if needed).
- Crumble in brown rice to loosen the clumps.
- Add in the Tamari sauce, salt, and Shaoxing wine then cook for another 8-10 minutes, or until heated through.
- Add ground white pepper and lemon juice then mix well.
- Stir in the crispy ginger slices to combine with the brown rice or use them as a garnish then serve immediately.
Tried this recipe? Rate it!
You may also like
Go Nuts on Immunity Pasta Salad
Superfood Quinoa Salad
Berry Coconut Smoothie Bowl
Baked Rice Croquette
Abalone & Seafood Pao Fan
30-Minutes Quinoa Bowl
Merry Deviled Egg Macaroni Salad
Sustenir Easy Arugula Salad
Fluffy Green Pancakes
Peach Gum Dessert
Healthy Nasi Lemak
Healthy Chicken & Veggie Kabob
Grilled Chicken Pita
Rice Porridge (Congee)
Immunity Cream of Cauliflower Soup
Chicken Macaroni Soup
Prawn and Egg Fried Rice