plus more walnut halves for garnish
|1 1⁄2 cups|
plus more for the cake pan
softened, plus more for the cake pan
Natural Granulated Sugar
How to cook
- Preheat the oven to 175°C.
- Spread the walnuts on baking paper and toast lightly in the preheated oven for 6 mins.
- Set them aside on a plate to cool.
- Grind the walnuts in a food processor with 1/2 portion of the plain flour until very fine.
Prepare dry ingredients
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the ground walnuts, remaining plain flour, baking powder and salt.
- Set aside some honey to coat the walnuts.
- In a standing mixer with a paddle attachment, beat the butter with the remaining honey and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl. Set aside.
- Beat the eggs lightly with the orange zest and vanilla in a small bowl.
- Add it in thirds to the butter mixture. Beat well to incorporate after each addition.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix until fully incorporated.
- Spread the batter evenly in the prepared cake pan.
- Bake for 35-40 mins or until a toothpick inserted in its center comes out cleanly.
- Toast some walnut halves on a sheet pan for 8 mins while the cake is baking.
- Add them to a bowl while still warm and stir in the honey until the walnuts are coated thoroughly with it.
- Reserve the walnut halves at room temperature to garnish the cake when it is finished.
- Cool the cake in the pan for 5 minutes and then turn it onto a cake rack to cool.
- Garnish the edge of the cake with the walnut halves before slicing it into wedges.
Tried this recipe? Rate it!
You may also like
Mug Date Cake
Cake in a Jar5.0 (2)
Chocolate Christmas Log Cake
Honey & Nut Baklava
Peach Sponge Cake
Eight treasure rice
Caramelised Apple Crumble
No-Bake Taro Tofu Cake
No-Bake Jelly Cake
Gluten Free Chocolate Baileys cake
Chocolate Cup Fruit Cake
Lemon Cardamom Cake
Mother’s Day Lemon Cakes
Alce Nero Strawberry Roll Cake