1 pkt (500g) Jing Li Hwa Fish Ball with Fish Roe Filling
400ml FairPrice Canola Oil
200g Cooked Carrot Cake (Cubed)
200g Minced Pork
200g Long Cabbage / Wong Bok (Small Pieces)
200g White Radish / Daikon (Cubed)
20g Chinese Celery (Chopped)
4 pcs Shiitake Mushroom (Diced)
1 tsp Fish Sauce
½ tsp White Pepper Powder
20g Bonito Flakes
1.5 litre Water
20g Deep Fried Shallots
20g Deep Fried Garlic Flakes
*Available at your nearest FairPrice store.
- Heat up 400ml of FairPrice Canola Oil in a pot and deep fry the carrot cake until golden brown and set aside.
- To prepare the stock – Boil water and bonito flakes for 2 to 3 minutes. Strain and discard the bonito flakes and set aside.
- In a wok pan, stir fry the minced pork. Then add in mushrooms and long cabbage to stir fry together. Season with fish sauce and white pepper. Add in white radish/daikon and stir fry until fragrant over medium high heat. Pour in the bonito stock and bring to boil.
- Add in Chinese celery and fried carrot cake and Jing Li Hwa fish balls. Continue to simmer for another 2 min.
- Garnish with deep fried garlic and shallots and dish is ready to serve.