2 1/4 cup Bob’s Red Mill Organic Unbleached White All-Purpose Organic Flour*
2 Whole Eggs
3 Egg Yolks
1 tbsp Puget Olive Oil*
2 tbsp Salt
1 (3L) Pot of Water, salted
Carrot & Leek Cream:
3 Large Carrots, finely diced
5 cloves Garlic, peeled and finely sliced
300ml Organic Valley Whole Milk*
300ml Elle & Vire Whipping Cream*
100g Leek, finely sliced
3 tbsp Kerrygold Butter Unsalted*
1kg Curly Kale
1/3 cup Puget Olive Oil*
60g Tesco Parmigiano Regular Cheese, block form*
Cornish Sea Salt Flakes*
NoMU Black Pepper Grinder*
*Available at your nearest Finest FairPrice store.
- Sauté carrots, leeks and garlic in butter over low heat, then add milk and cream. Simmer over medium heat for about 40 mins.
- Once the vegetables are extremely soft with little liquid left in the pot, blend in a food processor till fine and silky. Season to taste with salt and pepper
- Cut kale into 2 inch-sized pieces and discard central rib. Toss them with olive oil and season with sea salt and black pepper. Spread onto large baking tray, leaving space between each piece and bake at 160°C for 25 mins until crisp. Check every 10 mins to prevent kale from burning.
- In a food processor, mix flour and salt, then add in whole eggs, yolks and olive oil. Add a little oil if dough looks dry or add a little flour if dough appears wet and sticky. Transfer dough from processor onto a clean work surface. Knead the dough with the heels of your hand until smooth and shiny. Cling wrap and let it rest for 30-60 mins.
- Divide pasta dough into quarters. On a lightly floured surface, roll each piece of dough into a thin sheet. Flour each sheet and fold over in thirds. Cut pasta into wide or thin strips, based on preference. Loosen and dust with more flour.
- Boil fresh pasta in salted, boiling water till al dente. Drain and transfer pasta onto a shallow pan, toss with a generous amount of carrot and leek cream at medium heat. Grate parmesan onto kale chips and top them over the pasta. Serve immediately!