250g Fresh Shiitake Mushrooms
2 Medium Carrots (about 300g)
1 Medium Daikon (about 450g)
¼ Wongbok (about 400g)
1 Chinese Pear (300g)*
*Available at your nearest FairPrice store.
- Wash all vegetables, mushroom and pear.
- Peel carrots and daikon, and cut them into thick slices.
- Cut ¼ of wongbok into 6 pieces.
- Cut each mushroom into 6 pieces.
- Cut pear into 8 wedges and remove core.
- Put all chopped vegetables, mushrooms and pear into a pot filled with 3L water (this makes about 2L of broth).
- Bring to a boil, simmer for at least 60 minutes.
- Strain the vegetables and the broth is ready to be served!
Tip: Simmer the broth longer for more flavour.