400g Beef tenderloin, tied with kitchen twine
1 tbsp Melted butter
1 tsp Salt
1 tbsp Coarsely ground black pepper
Fresh Herb Board Dressing
2 tbsp Fresh flat-leaf parsley (finely chopped)
2 tbsp Fresh oregano (finely chopped)
1 tbsp Drained capers (finely chopped)
1 Small garlic clove, minced
1/4 tsp Salt
1 tbsp Extra-virgin olive oil
1 tsp Red wine vinegar
1 Container sour cream
5 tbsp Prepared horseradish
1 tsp Black pepper
1⁄2 tsp Salt
1 tbsp Fresh grated lemon rind/zest
2 tbsp Fresh lemon juice
- Place beef on a rack, set in an aluminum foil-lined rimmed baking sheet. Sprinkle evenly with salt and pepper, pressing gently to adhere. Refrigerate, uncovered, 24 to 48 hours.
- Remove beef from refrigerator, and let stand at room temperature 1 hour.
- Set air fryer to 120°C. Roast for 15-18 minutes total (depending on desired doneness). A thermometer should be inserted in . the thickest portion until it registers 51°C for rare, 55°C for medium-rare. Turn half way through roasting time (approx. 8 minutes on each side).
- On the board, prepare the Fresh Herb Board Dressing by piling flat-leaf parsley, oregano, drained capers, garlic and salt and roughly chop to combine. Transfer to a bowl, stir in red wine vinegar and olive oil.
- In a mixing bowl, combine sour cream, horseradish, black pepper, salt, grated lemon rind and lemon juice and stir until well blended. Serve as a condiment.
- Remove beef from air fryer, brush all over from top to bottom with melted butter. Turn air-fryer to 200°C and set for 2 minutes, broil on one side then reset air fryer for another 2 minutes and broil bottom side.
- Let the beef stand and rest for 15 minutes before carving into thinner slices. Plate on a bed of fresh herb dressing and horseradish sauce.