300g Chilled Australian Beef Chuck Tender (minced)
30g Olive Oil
5 cloves Garlic (chopped)
1 Onion (chopped)
1 Can (400g) Canned Tomato (chopped)
5 sprigs Thyme
2 pc Bay Leaf
Salt (to taste)
Black Pepper Crushed (to taste)
- Heat a pot with olive oil on medium heat and sauté Minced Beef Chuck Tender.
- Continuously sauté minced beef till all the liquid from the minced has evaporated and meat starts to brown.
- Remove the browned minced beef and set aside, with the same pot sauté garlic and onion till fragrant.
- Deglaze the bottom of pot with Canned Chopped Tomato and water, scraping all the fond from the bottom.
- Add back in the browned minced beef, thyme, bay leaf and simmer covered for 45mins.
- Once done, season with salt and crushed black pepper to taste.
- Ready to serve.
Recipe from Meat & Livestock Australia, Created by Chef Elvin Chew