400g Chilled Australian Beef Striploin (200g steaks, 1cm thick)
30g Ginger Paste
20g Soya Sauce
20g Oyster Sauce
10g Potato Starch
15g Sesame Oil
- Combine Ginger Paste, Soya Sauce, Oyster Sauce, Potato Starch, Sesame Oil in a bowl to create marinade.
- Place Beef Striploin into marinade and gently massage it to evenly coat marinade. Marinate for 8hours.
- Heat a pan with Oil on Medium High Heat.
- Once pan is nicely heated and oil is shimmering, gently place marinated Beef Striploin Steak on pan and sear for 1min 30secs
- Flip and sear on the other side for another 1min 30 secs.
- Remove from pan and allow to rest covered loosely with aluminum foil for 5~7mins.
- Once done, this should produce Medium Rare Doneness. For more doneness, cook steak on pan for longer period of time each side.
- Ready to serve.
Recipe from Meat & Livestock Australia