300g Chilled Australian Beef D-Rump (cubed)
30g Ginger (sliced)
3 pieces Clove
50g Shitake Mushroom
10g Five Spice Powder
40ml Light Soya Sauce
15ml Dark Soya Sauce
30g Oyster Sauce
20g Rock Sugar
5g Potato Starch
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and blanch the Beef D-Rump Cubes for 1minute and strain off liquid.
- In a braising pot, add oil on a medium heat and lightly sauté ginger slices till fragrant (1min).
- Next add in Cloves and Shitake Mushroom and sauté for another 2minutes.
- Add in the blanched beef cubes, five spice powder, light soya sauce, dark soya sauce, oyster sauce, water and rock sugar.
- Bring the pot of ingredients to a boil and turn down the heat, covering the pot to simmering for 2hours.
- Once done cooking, create a slurry of potato starch and thicken sauce. Ready to serve
Recipe from Meat & Livestock Australia