2 cups Instant Captain Oats
½ cup Plain flour
½ cup Brown sugar
½ block Melted unsalted butter (115g)
1 tsp Baking powder
1 box Instant chocolate brownie mix
85ml Water (adjust to brownie mix requirements)
50ml Vegetable oil (adjust to brownie mix requirements)
1 Egg (adjust to brownie mix requirements)
1 Green apple (cut into cubes)*
½ cup Toasted hazelnuts*
*Available at your nearest FairPrice store.
- Mix Instant Captain Oats, plain flour, brown sugar, baking powder and melted butter in a bowl and mix well.
- Layer the bottom of a 9-inch square baking tin with half the oats mixture. Bake in 180 °C for 10 minutes.
- Mix together brownie mix, water, oil and egg.
- Add chopped green apples and toasted hazelnuts to brownie mixture. Pour brownie mixture into baking tin. Sprinkle the remaining oats mixture on top of evenly.
- Bake in 180 °C for 25 to 30 minutes. Test if brownie done by inserting a bamboo skewer into the brownies, if it comes out clean then brownie is done baking.
- Set aside to cool down and cut into desired smaller squares.
Explore more Christmas content:
Be our FairPrice Super Shopper!
Events for the whole family
FairPrice Christmas catalogue
FairPrice Finest Christmas catalogue