1500g Beef Marrow Bones
650g Beef Brisket
1 bowl Cooked Rice
1 tbsp Chopped Scallions
Salt (to taste)
Pepper (to taste)
- Soak both beef and beef bones separately in cold water for an hour to remove blood.
- Drain and rinse both beef and beef bone. Keep beef in the fridge for later usage.
- Fill a large pot with cold water and add in the beef bones. Water should cover the beef bones. Boil the beef bones with high heat and once it is boiling, turn the heat to medium and continue to boil for another 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, turn off the heat and drain out the water. Rinse the beef bones and clean out any residue in the pot.
- Place the beef bones back into the pot and fill it with cold water. Ensure the water covers the beef bones. Boil the beef bones with high heat.
- Once the broth is boiling, cover the pot and lower the heat to medium. Continue boiling the broth for 5 hours over medium heat. Add water in between to ensure the broth cover the bones entirely.
- After 3 hours, add in the beef that was prepared earlier. Ensure water is covering both meat and bones. Continue to boil for another 2 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove the meat and slice the meat to thin slices. Strain the soup into another bowl to cool. Add the meat slices into the broth and serve with rice.