300g Chilled Australian Beef Oxtail (cut individual links)
Salt (to taste)
Crushed Black Pepper (to taste)
5 cloves Garlic (Chopped)
1 Onion (Chopped)
1 Can (400g) Canned Tomato (Chopped)
500ml Beef Stock (Any Brand)
5 sprigs Thyme
2 pc Bay Leaf
- Season Beef Oxtail with salt and crushed black pepper evenly on both sides.
- Lightly dust seasoned beef oxtail with flour on both sides.
- Heat a deep pot with oil on a medium high heat and sear beef oxtail on all sides till nice and brown.
- Remove beef oxtail and set aside, with the same pot, sauté garlic and onion till fragrant.
- Next add canned tomato, beef stock, thyme, bay leaf and the browned beef oxtail.
- Bring pot to a boil and turn to a low simmer with the pot covered.
- Simmer for 1.5 hours till beef oxtail is tender, once done ready to serve.
Recipe from Meat & Livestock Australia, Created by Chef Elvin Chew