200g Plain flour
2 tbsp Butter, melted
¼ tsp Salt
6 New Zealand Organic Fuji Apples
6 tbsp Sugar
1 tbsp Butter
200ml White rice vinegar
1 cup Roasted almonds
4 scoops Vanilla ice cream
- Mix all the ingredients for the crepes into a smooth batter.
- Pour a ladleful of the batter into a frying pan over medium heat. Tilt the pan in a circular motion to coat it fully with the batter.
- Cook the crepe for 2min on each side. Repeat for the remaining batter.
- Peel and cut 4 apples into bitesized chunks. Add 4 tbsp sugar and the butter, and cook for 5min until the apples caramelise and turn golden. Set aside.
- To make an apple puree, peel 2 apples and dice them, then cook in a pot with the vinegar and 2 tbsp sugar until they are soft, like jam.
- Place 2 tbsp each of the apple chunks and puree in the centre of each crepe, top with almonds, wrap into a cone or parcel, and serve with vanilla ice cream.
Credits: Simply Her September 2014 ©SPH Magazines Pte Ltd. Reproduced with permission.