Durian Sticky Rice
|For the Durian Sauce|
|1 1⁄2 cups|
|For the Sticky Rice|
How to cook
- Wash the rice in a bowl of cold water until water runs clear.
- Let it soak for 4 hours or overnight before steaming it for 20-25 mins.
Prepare coconut milk syrup
- Mix coconut milk, sugar and salt in a small pot and cook over medium heat and ensure sugar is dissolved.
- Once the rice is steamed, transfer it into a bowl and pour in the coconut syrup over the rice.
- Stir and break up any lumps and set aside, cover the bowl and let it absorb all the liquid.
Prepare durian sauce
- Combine coconut milk, palm sugar and salt in a small pot.
- Cook over medium heat and ensure sugar is dissolved and turn off the heat.
- Add in the durian flesh and let it sit and infuse, covered for another 20 mins before serving.
Assemble & serve
- Assemble the coconut glutinous rice in a bowl and pour durian sauce over the rice and it is ready to serve.
You may also like
Durian Ice Cream
Durian Min Jiang Kueh
Glutinous Rice Balls ‘Tang Yuan’ with Black Sesame Paste
Sweet Glutinous Rice Balls
Thai Mango Sticky Rice
Purple Sweet Potato Onde-Onde Energy Balls
The Good Ol’ Days Ice Cream
Baileys Irish Cheesecake
Bubur Cha Cha (Inspired by the Dragon Playground)
Mango Coconut Ice Cream Cake
Mango Sago with Pomelo
Red Bean Jelly Mooncake
Easy Homemade Churros
No-Baked Avocado Lime Cheesecake
No-Fry Fried Ice Cream
Jiufen Dessert Bowl
Mug Date Cake
Honey Walnut Cake