|For the Durian Sauce|
|1 1⁄2 cups|
|For the Sticky Rice|
How to cook
- Wash the rice in a bowl of cold water until water runs clear.
- Let it soak for 4 hours or overnight before steaming it for 20-25 mins.
Prepare coconut milk syrup
- Mix coconut milk, sugar and salt in a small pot and cook over medium heat and ensure sugar is dissolved.
- Once the rice is steamed, transfer it into a bowl and pour in the coconut syrup over the rice.
- Stir and break up any lumps and set aside, cover the bowl and let it absorb all the liquid.
Prepare durian sauce
- Combine coconut milk, palm sugar and salt in a small pot.
- Cook over medium heat and ensure sugar is dissolved and turn off the heat.
- Add in the durian flesh and let it sit and infuse, covered for another 20 mins before serving.
Assemble & serve
- Assemble the coconut glutinous rice in a bowl and pour durian sauce over the rice and it is ready to serve.
Tried this recipe? Rate it!
You may also like
Durian Min Jiang Kueh
Rose-Flavoured Glutinous Rice Balls
Glutinous Rice Balls ‘Tang Yuan’ with Black Sesame Paste
Purple Sweet Potato Onde-Onde Energy Balls
Strawberry Mochi5.0 (1)
Muah Chee5.0 (1)
Durian Ice Cream
Eight treasure rice
Thai Mango Sticky Rice
Crepes With Caramelised Apples
Sweet Potato Ondeh Ondeh4.0 (1)
Coconut & Pomelo Mochi Pudding
Durian Cream Pancakes
Sweet Glutinous Rice Balls
Strawberry Jelly Cheesecake
Osmanthus Rose Jelly
Mango Coconut Ice Cream Cake
Honey Walnut Cake
No-Baked Avocado Lime Cheesecake
Banana Bread Pudding