For the Durian Sauce:
4-8 seeds of Durian Flesh (Seeds removed)*
1½ cup of Coconut Milk
50g – 75g of Palm Sugar
¼ tsp of Salt
For the Sticky Rice:
1 cup Thai White Glutinous Rice
⅔ cup of Coconut Milk
½ tsp of Salt
⅓ cup of Sugar
*Available at your nearest FairPrice store.
- Wash the rice in a bowl of cold water until water runs clear. Let it soak for 4 hours or overnight before steaming it for 20-25mins.
- While the rice is cooking, mix coconut milk, sugar and salt in a small pot and cook over medium heat and ensure sugar is dissolved.
- Once the rice is steamed, transfer it into a bowl and pour in the coconut syrup over the rice. Stir and break up any lumps and set aside, cover the bowl and to let it absorb all the liquid.
- For the durian sauce, combine coconut milk, palm sugar and salt in a small pot and cook over medium heat and ensure sugar is dissolved and turn off the heat.
- Add in the durian flesh and let it sit and infuse, covered for another 20mins before serving.
- Assemble the coconut glutinous rice on a bowl and pour durian sauce over the rice and it is ready to serve.