Quick Whole Wheat Wraps
Vegetarian Refried Black Beans
Lean Hamburger Meat
can use chicken/shrimp
How to cook
- In a bowl, stir the red onion, chopped cilantro and lime juice. Set aside and make sure to stir occasionally.
- In a large pan, heat ¼-inch of oil over medium heat.
- Working with one tortilla at a time, spread 1 large tablespoon of refried black beans and 1/2 tablespoon of the onion, cilantro and lime mixture evenly along one side of the tortilla.
- Gently roll the tortilla tightly beginning on the side with the filling.
- Use a toothpick to secure the tortilla so it doesn’t unroll while cooking.
- Tip: Try to roll 4 tortillas then place them in the hot pan and roll 4 more while the others were cooking until they are all finished.
Hamburger meat version
- In a separate pan, brown hamburger meat (make sure it’s broken into small pieces and cooked all the way through).
- When filling the tortillas, spread around 1-2 tablespoons of meat as well.
- You can make with shredded chicken or chopped shrimp – whatever your family prefers!
Cooking the tortillas
- Place the rolled tortillas seam side down in the hot oil and cook.
- When you’re ready to rotate, remove the toothpick and rotate with tongs until they are golden brown on all sides (about 4-5 minutes per batch).
- Continue to cook the rest of the tortillas in batches, adding more oil as needed.
- Serve with guacamole, lettuce or spinach, shredded cheese, salsa and lime wedges. YUM!
- Freeze for the week and pop in the oven to heat up. Wrap in foil to keep warm!
Tried this recipe? Rate it!
You may also like
Egg & Avocado Wrap Using Oven
Abalone & Seafood Pao Fan
Chicken Caesar Wraps
Whole Wheat Dairy-free Banana Pancakes
Baked Rice Croquette
Fro-Yo Fruit Bites5.0 (2)
Maitake Mushroom Wholemeal Breakfast Wraps
Homemade Acai Bowl
Apple Chicken Salad with Kale Pesto Pasta
Chanko Nabe (Sumo Hot Pot)
Baked Miso Eggplant
Peanut Butter Protein Bites
Black Chickpea Salad
Bacon-Wrapped Egg Toasties
Salmon and Bok Choy
Just 5 Minutes: Mediterranean Pita Pockets
Sweet Corn Chowder
Quick Thai Breakfast Pan Eggs