2 packets ready-to-cook spaghetti with sauce
1 tsp Italian dried herbs or seasoning
1 cup of shredded cheese
3 large eggs, beaten and divided
½ cup all-purpose flour
1 ½ cup panko breadcrumbs
- Reheat ready-to-cook spaghetti with sauce according to package directions.
- Mix it with Italian dried herbs or seasoning, shredded cheese and 2 whisked eggs in a bowl. Fold well, taking extra care not to break the spaghetti into small pieces.
- Shape the spaghetti mixture into balls. Combine remaining egg with water and whisk.
- Cover spaghetti balls in flour, egg wash and panko bread crumbs. Make sure you have an even coating. Chill in the fridge for 30 minutes or so, for a firmer ball.
- Make 1 1/2″ balls. Combine remaining egg with water and whisk.
- Heat oil in a deep pan on medium-high heat. Once it reaches around 330 degrees, deep fry the balls until golden brown. Serve with your favourite marinara sauce.
Recipe adapted from Just a Pinch Recipe Club.