700g Beef Tendons
700g Beef Brisket
2 pcs Carrots (cubed)
½ cup Konjac
Thumb sized Ginger (sliced)
500ml Dashi Stock
2 tbsp Soy Sauce
3 tbsp Miso
2 tbsp Sugar
3 tbsp Mirin
1 tbsp Spring onions (chopped)
- Boil a pot of water and add in beef tendons and beef brisket. Bring it to a boil and continue boiling for another 5 minutes.
- Drain out the water, rinse thoroughly with cold water and scrub out scum. Repeat for konjac as well.
- Add 4 cups of water and the beef tendons into a pot and add a pinch of salt. Bring it to a boil and reduce heat to low and continue to simmer it for 1 ½ hours.
- Add in beef brisket, carrots, konjac, dashi stock, soy sauce, miso, sugar and mirin. Bring it to a boil and reduce heat to low, cover the pot and simmer it for 45 minutes.
- Remove pot cover and turn heat to high and simmer it for 15 minutes or until sauce thickens.
- Season it with salt and pepper if needed and turn the heat off. Serve it with chopped spring onions sprinkled on top.