1 Big red onion (sliced)
2 Green chilli (thinly sliced)
2 tbsp Coriander leaves (thinly sliced)
1 tsp Curry leaves (thinly sliced)
2 tsp Salt (to taste)
1 cup Gram flour/ besan
1 cup Rice flour
1 tsp Coriander seeds powder
½ tsp Red chili powder
¼ tsp Garam masala
1 tbsp Olive oil
FOR MINT AND CORIANDER RAITA DIP:
3 tbsp Greek yoghurt
2 tbsp Coriander leaves
5 mint leaves
Salt and pepper to taste
- In a bowl, mix sliced onion, green chilli, coriander leaves, curry leaves, and salt. Mix well, put it aside for 10 minutes.
- Add gram flour, rice flour, coriander seeds powder, red chili powder, and garam masala into the onion mixture. Mix well and add a bit of water. Keep kneading to make a thick and sticky batter. Add oil into the batter and mix well.
- Portion the batter into smaller nuggets and place the portions into the air fryer. Brush the dough’s surface lightly with oil before air frying for 10-15 minutes (200C).
- For the raita dip, blend or mashed coriander leaves and mint leaves until smooth.
- In a small bowl, mix yoghurt with coriander and mint leaves paste. Add salt and pepper to taste. Place in the fridge to chill.
- Once the pakoras are done, place them on a cooling rack. Serve the onion pakoras hot along with mint and coriander raita dip for a delicious snack.
To keep pakoras crispy, do not place them on a paper-lined plate after air-frying as this will trap the heat from the pakoras making them soggy.