300g Chilled Australian Beef Flank (150g steaks, 1.5cm thick)
Salt (to taste)
Black Pepper Crushed (to taste)
ASIAN MUSHROOM SAUCE
1 piece Shallot (minced)
1 clove Garlic (minced)
40g Shitake Mushroom (sliced)
20g Oyster Sauce
20g Hoisin Sauce
5g Potato Starch
White Pepper Powder (to taste)
- Seared Australian Beef Flank Steak
- Pat dry beef flank steak cuts with paper towel, season with salt and crushed black pepper on both sides.
- Heat a pan with Olive Oil on Medium High Heat.
- Once pan is nicely heated and oil is shimmering, gently place Beef Flank Steak on pan and sear for 2min
- Flip and sear on the other side for another 2min.
- Remove from pan and allow to rest covered loosely with aluminum foil for 5~7mins.
- Once done, this should produce Medium Rare Doneness. For more doneness, cook steak on pan for longer period of time each side.
- Ready to serve.
- Asian Mushroom Sauce
- Heat a pan with oil and sauté shallot and garlic till fragrant.
- Next add in sliced shitake mushroom and sauté for 2mins.
- Add in oyster sauce, hoisin sauce, water into the pan and mix well.
- Make a slurry with potato starch and thicken sauce as needed.
- Season to taste and ready to serve with steak.
Recipe from Meat & Livestock Australia