300g Chilled Australian Beef Flank (150g steaks, 1.5cm thick)
Salt (to taste)
Black Pepper Crushed (to taste)
60g Rendang Paste (any Brand)
40ml Coconut Cream
4pcs Kaffir Lime Leaves
- Pat dry beef flank steak cuts with paper towel, season with salt and crushed black pepper on both sides.
- Heat a pan with Olive Oil on Medium High Heat.
- Once pan is nicely heated and oil is shimmering, gently place Beef Flank Steak on pan and sear for 2min
- Flip and sear on the other side for another 2min.
- Remove from pan and allow to rest covered loosely with aluminum foil for 5~7mins.
- Once done, this should produce Medium Rare Doneness. For more doneness, cook steak on pan for longer period of time each side.
- Ready to serve.
Recipe from Meat & Livestock Australia