150g Purple sweet potatoes
150g Orange sweet potatoes
100g Glutinous rice flour
2-4 tbsp Water (adjust accordingly to texture of Ondeh Ondeh)
150g Gula Melaka (shaved)
150g Grated coconut
- Shave and cut both orange and purple sweet potatoes. Steam until soft in the center and mash the sweet potatoes separately.
- Add 50g glutinous rice flour to the purple mashed sweet potatoes with 1-2 tbsp water (adjust accordingly to texture of ondeh ondeh). Mix and knead until smooth dough forms, repeat for orange sweet potatoes.
- Roll dough into roughly 20g balls and make cavity in the center, add shave Gula Melaka and seal and roll into smooth balls.
- Cool the ball in simmering water for about 3 minutes or until they float to the top.
- Once cooked coat them with grated coconut and they are ready to serve.