400g Fresh Coconut
½ tsp Cardamom Powder
1½ cup Sugar
2 cups Milk
1 – 2 tbsp Ghee
- Mix the fresh coconut and milk and boil it over medium high flame.
- Reduce heat and cook until milk evaporates.
- Stir in the sugar until all the moisture has completely evaporated.
- Add ghee into evaporated mixture and stir until it turns dry.
- Check the mixture for moisture by pressing down with a spatula.
- Continue stirring mixture until it turns dense, thick and sticky.
- Put cardamom powder into the mixture and stir.
- Transfer the mixture into a greased pan and press down with a spatula.
- Set it aside at room temperature for 3-4 hours to let it set.
- Slice the coconut burfi and leave it at room temperature for 8-10 hours for it to set completely.