250g Slightly Salted Butter
40g Icing sugar
250g All-Purpose Flour
½ tsp Baking Powder
Salt (To Taste)
*Available at your nearest FairPrice store
- Preheat the oven to 190°C and line a tray with baking paper.
- Mix the slightly softened butter at room temperature and icing sugar well. Beat in sifted flour, salt and baking powder until all the ingredients are blended well together.
- Pour the mixture into a piping bag fitted with a star-shaped nozzle. Pipe the rounded and swirly mounds to form the biscuits on the baking tray.
- Pop the biscuits into the oven and bake for 15 – 20 minutes, or until they are crisp and lightly golden.
- Add a tablespoon of kaya jam to the flat side of a biscuit and sandwich it with another biscuit once they are cooled. Ensure that the swirly side is facing upwards so thepattern can be seen.
- Repeat this process until you have a tray of little kaya-filled Viennese whirls! Serve with your favourite cup of tea.
Tip: A good-quality kaya jam will complement the simple flavours of buttery Viennese whirls crumbling gently in your mouth!