Golden Chef Auspicious Fortune Pot Chicken Stew
Auspicious Fortune Pot
Fresh Spring Chicken
800g – 900g
|For Chicken Marinade|
washed and halved
Light Soya Sauce
Dark Soya Sauce
|For Stock Seasoning|
Chinese Yellow Wine
Concentrated Chicken Stock
Dark Soya Sauce
How to cook
Prepare fortune pot & chicken
- Separate the soup and ingredients from the Auspicious Fortune Pot can.
- Wash the spring chicken and pat dry. Discard fat and innards.
- Butterfly the back of the chicken; use the back of your knife to break the leg bone but do not remove these bones.
- Marinate the chicken in a large bowl and chill it for 20-30 minutes.
- Heat up a pan over medium-high heat and fry the chicken with the skin facing down.
- Sear until golden brown for a few minutes before turning it to fry the other side of the chicken.
- Rinse the pan-fried chicken with water to get rid of the excess oil.
- Pre-heat your wok, add the soup from the fortune pot, chicken stock and stock seasoning to boil.
- Add the fried chicken and the remaining ingredients from the fortune pot. Let it braise over medium-low heat.
- Keep on turning the chicken in order to braise evenly.
- After 30 mins, check if the chicken is evenly cooked and if the sauce has reduced but not dried.
- Heat up a pot of boiling water to blanch the lettuce while the chicken is cooking. Drain and put in a deep serving plate or large bowl. Set aside.
- Once the chicken is soft and tender, dish up and place the chicken in the centre of the lettuce.
- Thicken the sauce with potato starch if it is too dilute. Pour the sauce and ingredients over the cooked chicken.
- Garnish with coriander. Ready to serve!
Tried this recipe? Rate it!
You may also like
One-Pot Hainanese Chicken Rice5.0 (1)
Crispy Chicken with Auspicious Mandarin Orange & Ginger Scallion Sauce
Braised Golden Bridge waxed meat ee mian
Fortune Chinese Sausage Gua Bao
Rice-Cooker Braised Chicken
Royal Golden Ingot Rice Bowl
One-Pot-Meal Recipe: Chestnut Chicken Rice5.0 (1)
Golden Spicy Scallops
Braised Australian Premium Wild Abalone in Golden Sauce
Buddha Jump Over The Wall in Egg White Fortune Pouch
Golden Pumpkin Scallops and Crispy Wanton
Baked Soy Bean Chicken
New Zealand Superior Wild Abalone Pasta in Red Wine Cream Sauce
Treasure Sea Cucumber with Vegetables in Plum Sauce
Golden Chef South African Baby Abalone with Korean Rice Cake
Spicy Chicken Chilli Oil Noodles
Chicken Fried Rice with XO Sauce5.0 (1)
Baked Chicken Winglets with Abalone And Broccoli
Golden Chef Razor Clam Meat Patty