Rice Cooker “Claypot” Rice
cut into 2 cm cubes
Dried Shiitake Mushrooms
Chicken Stock Powder
2 cm, optional
1 cm, grated (optional)
Light Soy Sauce
Sweet Dark Soy Sauce
or equal parts dark soy sauce & sugar
How to cook
- Rehydrate the mushrooms in hot water until plump.
- Remove the stem, slice mushrooms and keep the mushroom liquid. Set aside.
- Combine the chicken marinade ingredients and adjust to taste.
- Marinate the cut chicken and set aside for 10 mins.
- Heat 2 tbsp of cooking oil in a frying pan.
- Fry garlic, onion and ginger for about 1-2 mins or until aromatic.
- Add Chinese sausage and cook for another minute.
- Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Cook marinated chicken together with the marinade and season with sugar and pepper to taste.
- Saute until chicken is well-cooked.
- Turn off the fire, stir in the rice, chicken stock powder, mushrooms & Sausage-Onion mix, quickly coating each grain with sauce, ensuring not to burn the rice.
- Transfer the mixture to your rice cooker and add the water per your rice cooker instructions.
- You can also use the reserved mushroom liquid as part of the water.
- Once the rice is cooked, switch to ‘keep warm’ mode and wait for 10 mins.
- Add sesame oil and fluff the rice.
- Garnish with spring onions, chili, and shallots, and serve warm.
Tried this recipe? Rate it!
You may also like
Pumpkin Taro Rice
Prawn Rice Rolls
Rice-Cooker Salt Baked Chicken
Prawn and Egg Fried Rice
Thai Basil Minced Pork with Rice4.5 (2)
Rice Cooker Laksa Fried Rice4.3 (3)
Butter & Egg Fried Rice with Chicken Fillet
Chicken Karaage with Rice
Thai Pineapple Fried Rice
Ah Ma’s Chicken Rice
Teriyaki Chicken Rice (Inspired by the Changi Airport)
Stuffed Pumpkin Spiced Rice
Tomato Fried Rice
Maggi Chicken Rice
Dumpling Fried Rice
One Pot Hainanese Chicken Rice
Eight treasure rice
One-Pot Hainanese Chicken Rice5.0 (2)
Curry Fried Rice
Shrimp Pad Thai (Thai Rice Noodles)