Rice Cooker “Claypot” Rice
cut into 2cm cubes
Dried Shiitake Mushrooms
Chicken Stock Powder
(1cm), grated (optional)
Light Soy Sauce
Sweet Dark Soy Sauce
or equal parts dark soy sauce & sugar)
How to cook
- Rehydrate the mushrooms in hot water until plump.
- Remove the stem, slice mushrooms and keep the mushroom liquid. Set aside.
- Combine the Chicken Marinade ingredients and adjust to taste.
- Marinate the cut chicken and set aside for 10 mins.
- Heat 2 tbsp of cooking oil in a frying pan.
- Fry garlic, onion and ginger for about 1-2mins or until aromatic.
- Add Chinese sausage and cook for another minute.
- Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Cook marinated chicken together with the marinade and season with sugar and pepper to taste.
- Sauté until chicken is well-cooked.
- Turn off the fire, stir in the rice, chicken stock powder, mushrooms & Sausage-Onion mix, quickly coating each grain with sauce, ensuring not to burn the rice.
- Transfer mixture to your rice cooker and add the water per your rice cooker instructions.
- You can also use the reserved mushroom liquid as part of the water.
- Once the rice is cooked, switch to ‘keep warm’ mode and wait for 10 mins.
- Add sesame oil and fluff the rice.
- Garnish with spring onions, chili, and shallots, serve warm.
You may also like
Biryani Rice Bowl
Beef Fried Rice
Xi’an Spiced Chicken with Fragrant Rice
Chicken Capsicum Rice Bowl
Stir-Fry Basil Pork with Rice & Egg
Ah Ma’s Chicken Rice
Thai Pineapple Fried Rice
Rice-Cooker Salt Baked Chicken
Chicken Brown Rice
Tomato Fried Rice
Chicken Fried Rice with XO Sauce
Dumpling Fried Rice
Cantonese Roast Chicken Stuffed with Rice
Rice Cooker Laksa Fried Rice
Curry Fried Rice
Glutinous Rice Balls ‘Tang Yuan’ with Black Sesame Paste
One-Pot-Meal Recipe: Chestnut Chicken Rice
One-Pot Hainanese Chicken Rice
Pineapple Fried Rice
Chicken Karaage with Rice
Prawn Rice Rolls
Golden Chef South African Baby Abalone with Korean Rice Cake
Truffle Infused Baby Abalone Claypot Rice
Teriyaki Chicken Rice (Inspired by the Changi Airport)