Rice Cooker “Claypot” Rice
cut into 2 cm cubes
Dried Shiitake Mushrooms
Chicken Stock Powder
2 cm, optional
1 cm, grated (optional)
Light Soy Sauce
Sweet Dark Soy Sauce
or equal parts dark soy sauce & sugar
How to cook
- Rehydrate the mushrooms in hot water until plump.
- Remove the stem, slice mushrooms and keep the mushroom liquid. Set aside.
- Combine the chicken marinade ingredients and adjust to taste.
- Marinate the cut chicken and set aside for 10 mins.
- Heat 2 tbsp of cooking oil in a frying pan.
- Fry garlic, onion and ginger for about 1-2 mins or until aromatic.
- Add Chinese sausage and cook for another minute.
- Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Cook marinated chicken together with the marinade and season with sugar and pepper to taste.
- Saute until chicken is well-cooked.
- Turn off the fire, stir in the rice, chicken stock powder, mushrooms & Sausage-Onion mix, quickly coating each grain with sauce, ensuring not to burn the rice.
- Transfer the mixture to your rice cooker and add the water per your rice cooker instructions.
- You can also use the reserved mushroom liquid as part of the water.
- Once the rice is cooked, switch to ‘keep warm’ mode and wait for 10 mins.
- Add sesame oil and fluff the rice.
- Garnish with spring onions, chili, and shallots, and serve warm.
Tried this recipe? Rate it!
You may also like
Eight treasure rice
Truffle Infused Baby Abalone Claypot Rice
CNY Royal Umbrella Rice YuSheng
Chicken Brown Rice
Rice-Cooker Salt Baked Chicken
Cheesy Chicken Kimchi Noodles
One-Pot-Meal Recipe: Chestnut Chicken Rice
Cow with tiger head bento
Curry Fried Rice
Golden Chef South African Baby Abalone with Korean Rice Cake
Seafood Pao Fan
Cantonese Roast Chicken Stuffed with Rice
Abalone & Seafood Pao Fan
Xi’an Spiced Chicken with Fragrant Rice
Ah Ma’s Chicken Rice
Chinese Fish Congee
Stir-Fry Basil Pork with Rice & Egg4.0 (1)
Quick Seabass Miso Ochazuke
Durian Min Jiang Kueh
Thai Pineapple Fried Rice
Pineapple Fried Rice
Glutinous Rice Balls ‘Tang Yuan’ with Black Sesame Paste
Prawn Rice Rolls
Spicy Soba Noodles