use heads & shells only
Whole White Peppercorns
thumb-size and peeled
Day-Old Cold Rice (puffed rice)
Crispy Dried Shallots
How to cook
Prepare anchovies & white peppercorns
- Dry fry the dried anchovies and whole white peppercorns until fragrant.
- Set aside to cool before placing both ingredients in an empty disposable tea bag or sachet.
Prepare dried cuttlefish
- Add the cooking oil and fry the dried cuttlefish.
- Set aside the cuttlefish once done.
Prepare puffed rice
- Spread out the day-old damp rice thinly on parchment paper.
- Place it in the air fryer to cook at 200°C for 15 mins on one side and 180°C for 15 mins on the other side.
- Fry the prawn heads for 2-3 mins. Once cooked through, use a spatula to crush the prawn heads and release more flavour.
- Add the dried anchovies, whole white peppercorns, garlic, ginger, cuttlefish and water into the same pot.
- Simmer for 1 hr then remove the ingredients.
- Cook the bittergourd, prawns and clams together.
Assemble & serve
- Place 1/2 cup of cooked white rice and distribute the prawns and clams evenly among each serving bowl.
- Garnish with puffed rice, coriander and dried shallots.
Tried this recipe? Rate it!
You may also like
Crispy Noodles with Silky Seafood Sauce
8 Treasure Seafood Platter
Crab and Seafood Porridge
Seafood Mala Xiang Guo
Creamy Seafood Pasta
Seafood Jjampong (Korean Spicy Seafood Noodles)
Festive Seafood Abalone & Fish Maw Soup
Salted Egg Yolk Seafood Boil
Baked Seafood Pasta Bag
Seafood Hor Fun
Abalone & Seafood Pao Fan
Salted Egg Prawns
Garlic Lemon Butter Salmon5.0 (4)
Herbal Bak Kut Teh5.0 (2)
Hot Smoked Salmon
Steamed Egg with Pork and Salted Vegetables
Roast Beef Sliders4.0 (1)
Wok-Fried Tangy Prawns with Sesame Soy Dressing
Sweet Potato Abacus Seed Aglio Olio
Buddha Jump Over The Wall in Egg White Fortune Pouch