1 can Golden Chef South African Baby Abalone (3 pieces)
400g Korean rice cakes
200g Chicken leg, boneless and sliced
200g Leek, outer leaves discarded, cut diagonally into sections
10 pcs Dried small black fungus, soaked
100g Carrot, peeled and cut into thick stripes
2 Green chilli
5 Dried chilli, seed discarded, cut into smaller sections
3 Spring onions, cut into sections
4 Ginger, peeled
3 Garlic cloves, peeled and sliced
100g Onion, cut into small wedges
1 tbsp Golden Chef Premium Light Soya Sauce
1 tbsp Golden Chef Premium Abalone Sauce
1 tbsp Chinese wine
1 tsp Sugar
1 tsp Spicy bean paste
1 tsp Szechuan peppercorn
500ml Stock or water
2 tbsp Potato starch
- Turn on the “soup mode” of the rice cooker. Add 2 tablespoons of oil into the rice cooker and sear the chicken in it until browned.
- Add dried chilli, Szechuan pepper and fry until aromatic. Add the leek, black fungus, garlic, and ginger slices to fry for about a minute.
- Add onion, green chilli and the white parts of the spring onion. Add Chinese wine, stock, rice cakes and bring to a boil.
- Mix well and stir fry using a spatula to stir the bottom of the rice cooker.
- Add in abalone and all of the other sauces. Stir fry until the rice cakes are cooked through, with a soft but chewy texture. Stir in potato starch to thicken the sauce.
- Stir in the green parts of spring onion until wilted. Serve hot!