1 jar Barilla Basilico sauce
8 free range chicken eggs
40ml olive oil
10 Basil leaves
4/8 slices of Italian bread, grilled
1 fresh garlic clove
Salt & pepper
*Available at your nearest FairPrice store.
- Pour the Barilla sauce into a pan and bring to the boil.
- Crack your eggs into a separate bowl or ramekin.
- Lower the heat and pour the eggs one by one into in the sauce making sure you leave space between them.
- Cook for 1 minute, then cover the pan with a lid, turn off the heat and leave for 3-5 minutes until the eggs are done to your liking.
- While the eggs are cooking, gently rub some fresh garlic on toasted slices of bread.
- Scatter the dish with basil leaves and serve hot!