2 tbsp Rice Field Rice Bran Oil
6 slices Ginger
300g, skinned, deboned, cut into cubes Chicken thigh
12, soaked to soften, sliced thinly Dried Shiitake mushroom
1 cup Frozen corn kernel*
1.5 cups (290g) washed, drained Noble brown rice
16, peeled Chestnuts*
3 cups (750ml) Fat free chicken stock or Water
Salt to taste
Ground white pepper to taste
0.5 tbsp Light soy sauce
0.5 tbsp Dark soy sauce
1 tbsp Chinese cooking wine
¼ tsp Salt
*Available at your nearest FairPrice store.
- Marinate chicken with light and dark soy sauce, Chinese cooking wine and salt.
Cover and leave for 30 minutes.
(Can do so overnight, and use it the next day for immediate cooking)
- Steam chestnuts for 15-20 minutes until soft. Set aside.
- Wash and rinse the rice well. Set aside.
- In a wok or non-stick pan, heat oil and stir-fry ginger until fragrant. Add chicken, mushrooms and corn kernel and stir-fry until three-quarters done. Do not overcook the chicken while in the wok.
- Add drained rice and stir-fry for 3-5 minutes until rice grains are dry and separate. Add salt and ground white paper to taste.
- Transfer all into rice cooker, place chestnuts on top and add fat-free chicken stock or water.
- Cook until rice and ingredients are done. Garnish with spring onion. Serve hot and enjoy the meal with your family!P.S. All the above can be done using a pressure cooker as well!