1 can Golden Chef Buddha Jump Over The Wall
80g King Oyster Mushrooms
15 Cooked Gingko Nuts
50g Chinese Yam (Huai Shan)
100g Sweet Potatoes
6 Quail Eggs (Hard-boiled)
6 Cooked Chestnuts
5 Egg White
1 tbsp Corn Starch*
3 Oyster Meat (Fresh/Frozen)
1 tsp Dark Soy Sauce
5 Blanched Royale Chives (Qing Long Cai)*
A dash of FairPrice Canola Oil
*Available at your nearest FairPrice store.
- Strain the Buddha Jump Over The Wall by separating the soup from the ingredients. Set aside.
- Cut the sweet potatoes, chinese yam into cubes and slice king oyster mushroom
- Dust the quail eggs, chinese yam, king oyster mushroom, sweet potato with corn starch and deep fry till golden brown.
- Mix the fried ingredients with the oysters and Buddha Jump Over Wall ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix egg white with corn starch. Over medium heat, add some oil and pour a small amount of mixture onto frying pan (enough to thinly fill the base of the pan), to make a thin layer of egg white wrap. The mixture is enough for 3 wraps.
- Egg wrap is ready when the mixture is dry. Ensure there are no holes in the wrap.
- Lay the egg white wrap on a bowl and add enough mixed ingredients on it. Tie the wrap with the blanched royale chive and steam for 15 mins.
- Heat up the soup from Buddha Jump Over the Wall and season with dark soy sauce. Place the steamed egg white pouch on a deep dish plate and pour the sauce over the pouch.
- Ready to serve.