For Fried Rice:
2 tbsp Oil
1 bowl Cooked Rice (Overnight Rice)
2-3 tbsp Frozen Mixed Veg (Carrots/Corn/Peas)
½ cup Diced Luncheon Meat
2 Sliced Cheese
2 pcs Crab Stick
1 Tomato (diced)
1 tbsp Ikan Bilis Powder
A dash of Salt & White Pepper
1 tbsp Tomato Sauce
1 tbsp Light Soya Sauce / Fish Sauce
1 tbsp Fried Garlic Bits
- Heat a frying pan, add 2 tbsp of oil when the pan is heated.
- When the oil is heated, add the eggs and scramble until it is about 80% cooked, stir in the rice and mix well.
- When the rice is coated with the eggs, add in the frozen vegetables and mix well.
- Sprinkle the seasoning (ikan bilis powder, salt & white paper, tomato sauce) and continue to stir fry until the seasoning, frozen vegetables and rice are well mixed.
- Drizzle 1 tbsp of light soya sauce or fish sauce and stir fry till the rice is dry.
- Add the luncheon meat and garlic bits and mix well.
- Transfer to a plate and garnish the dish with cheese crescent moon & stars and greens of your choice.
Recipe contributed by Ms Joanne Chia, Families For Life Volunteer & Blogger of J’s Recess Bento Facebook