6 cups Broccoli florets
300 g Linguine (option: whole wheat)
1/2 cup Raw cashews
2 tbsp Vegetable broth
7 Garlic cloves, peeled
1.25 tbsp Miso
1/2 tsp Tahini
1/4 tsb Paprika powder
1 – 1.5 cups Water
Salt and pepper, to taste
- Rinse the broccoli and mince the garlic.
- Heat a few tablespoons of water in a pan over medium heat and add the broccoli, steaming until soft, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil over medium heat. Add a dash of olive oil and a pinch of salt into the boiling water.
- Add the pasta into the pot and boil for about 8 to 10 minutes, cooking till soft. When done, drain, rinse, and set aside.
- In a blender or food processor, combine the cashews and 1 to 1 1/2 cups water. Blend until completely smooth.
- In a pan, heat the vegetable broth and add the garlic.
- Boil the broth and garlic for approximately 2 minutes.
- Add the cashew mixture, miso, yeast, tahini, and smoked paprika. Cook over medium heat for 7 minutes, seasoning with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve the pasta onto plates, top with steamed broccoli and sauce. Serve warm, and enjoy!