or cooked chickpeas
small sized, roasted
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
large sized, minced
large sized, zested
How to cook
Prepare the chickpeas
- Soak 150g of chickpeas overnight.
- Boil the soaked chickpeas for 45 minutes.
Prepare the beetroot
- Scrub and wash the beetroot.
- Drizzle a bit of oil then roast the beets in a oven-safe dish for 60 minutes at 190°C.
- Leave the roasted beetroot to cool, then peel and quarter it.
Assemble and serve
- Place the cooled beetroot in your food processor and blend until only small bits remain.
- Add in the lemon zest, lemon juice, Tahini, garlic, salt and black pepper then blend until smooth.
- Drizzle in the olive oil as the hummus is mixing.
- Taste and adjust seasonings as needed.
- Serve it as an appetizer with crackers or with vegetables as an afternoon snack.
Tried this recipe? Rate it!
You may also like
Fruit & Vegetable Popsicles
Just 5 Minutes: Mediterranean Pita Pockets
Bubur Candil (Sweet Tapioca Balls in Coconut Cream Sauce)
Christmas Surprise Cookie Bites
Easy Homemade Granola
Healthy Fried Brown Rice
Crispy Skin Pan Seared Salmon
Iron Rich Platters5.0 (1)
Chicken Soup with Ginger and Shiitake Mushrooms
Roasted Pumpkin Seed Brussels Sprouts
Overnight Oats Parfait
Salted Egg Yolk Chicken Wrap
Healthy Nasi Lemak
Sardinian Gnocchetti Salad
Maitake Mushroom Wholemeal Breakfast Wraps
Quick Seabass Miso Ochazuke
Chicken Caesar Wraps