Octopus Carpaccio with Kimchi Cream
Yellow Onion, chopped
Red Onion, chopped
Dried Juniper Berries
Crispy Chilli Sauce
Plain Water, if needed
|Pickled Japanese Cucumber|
Japanese Cucumber, chopped
small Ripe Tomatoes (cherry or vine), halved
Rice Crackers of your choice
How to cook
- Sauté garlic, onions and leeks for 7 mins in a medium-sized stock pot. Stir occasionally.
- Add white wine to deglaze pan, then add the vegetable stock.
- Add octopus, bay leaf, peppercorns and juniper berries and simmer gently until tender for at least 45 mins to 1.5 hrs. Test for tenderness with a skewer.
- Remove from pot and chill overnight. Slice thinly and toss in crispy chilli sauce.
- Blend the kimchi and sour cream in a blender until fine and smooth. Set aside in refrigerator to chill in a piping bag.
- Mix grain vinegar, sugar and sea salt.
- Place cucumbers in a medium Ziploc bag and pour vinegar mixture in. Chill in refrigerator for 3 to 6 hrs.
- Arrange slices of octopus, dots of kimchi cream, pickled cucumber, tomatoes and garnish with rice crackers. Serve immediately!
You may also like
Stir-Fry Basil Pork with Rice & Egg
Chicken Karaage with Rice
Prosperity Fish Hor Fun with Fragrant Oil
Roasted Salmon and Vegetables with Cucumber Yogurt Sauce
Crispy Baked Salmon with Tartar Sauce
Creamy Seafood Pasta
Steak with a Peppery Mushroom sauce
Spaghetti with Salmon and Pesto Genovese
Pulled Beef Rendang with Local Veggies Slaw
Grilled Striploin Steak with Garlic Butter Mushroom
Spaghetti Chili Garlic
Roasted Prawns with Seaweed Butter
Sustenir Pasta Salad with Lemon Pesto Dressing
Sunshine Pappardelle in Carrot & Leek Cream
Wok-fried Mee Sua with Tiger Prawns
Dry Laksa Udon with Tiger Prawns
Xi’an Spiced Chicken with Fragrant Rice
Indian Style Mee Siam with Fresh Prawns
Scrambled Eggs with Crispy Basil Chicken
New Zealand Superior Wild Abalone Pasta in Red Wine Cream Sauce
Happiee K-Bagel Fishiee Patty Burger with Kimchi Slaw
Chicken Fried Rice with XO Sauce
One-Pan Pasta with Canned Tomatoes
Crispy Noodles with Silky Seafood Sauce