Octopus Carpaccio with Kimchi Cream
Dried Juniper Berries
|Pickled Japanese Cucumber|
of your choice
How to cook
- Saute garlic, onions and leeks in a medium-sized stock pot. Stir occasionally.
- Add white wine to deglaze the pan, then add the vegetable stock.
- Add octopus, bay leaf, peppercorns and juniper berries and simmer gently until tender for at least 45 mins to 1.5 hrs. Test for tenderness with a skewer.
- Remove from pot and chill overnight. Slice thinly and toss in crispy chilli.
- Blend the kimchi and sour cream in a blender until fine and smooth.
- Set aside in the refrigerator to chill in a piping bag.
- Mix grain vinegar, sugar and sea salt.
- Place cucumbers in a medium Ziploc bag and pour vinegar mixture in. Chill in refrigerator for 3 to 6 hrs.
Assemble & serve
- Arrange slices of octopus, dots of kimchi cream, pickled cucumber and tomatoes.
- Garnish with rice crackers. Serve immediately!
Tried this recipe? Rate it!
You may also like
Grilled Striploin Steak with Garlic Butter Mushroom5.0 (1)
Indian Style Mee Siam with Fresh Prawns
Meatball Rose Cream Penne Pasta
Roasted Prawns with Seaweed Butter
Chicken Pot Pie with Bread Topping
Crispy Baked Salmon with Tartar Sauce
Spaghetti with Salmon and Pesto Genovese
Chicken Karaage with Rice
New Zealand Superior Wild Abalone Pasta in Red Wine Cream Sauce
Cheesy Chicken Kimchi Noodles
Korean Army Stew, Christmas Edition
Prosperity Fish Hor Fun with Fragrant Oil
Spicy Salmon Bibimbap
Pan Seared Australian Beef Denver Steak with Tomato Herb Cream Sauce
Stewed Mushroom with Broccoli
Braised Herbal Chicken with Huiji Waist Tonic
Baked Pesto Chicken with Quinoa Veg
Pulled Beef Rendang with Local Veggies Slaw
Sustenir Pasta Salad with Lemon Pesto Dressing