8 Large Tiger Prawns
1 Large Squid, Diced
15 Large Frozen Cooked Mussels
1 Large Yellow Onion
3 Cloves Garlic (chopped)
1 tbsp Fresh Parsley (chopped)
200g Tomatoes (chopped)
1 Bay Leaf
1 tsp Paprika Powder
200g FairPrice Thai Unpolished Brown Rice (washed)
1 tsp Chicken or Anchovy Stock Powder
2 tsp Salt
½ tsp Black Pepper
Fresh Parsley (chopped)
1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- Pan fry the prawns with olive oil over medium heat until they are red on both sides. Set aside once cooked and leave the oil in the pan.
- In the same pan, stir fry the squid over medium heat for 3 minutes. Set aside once done.
- Add in 1 tbsp of olive oil in the same pan, stir fry the yellow onion over medium-low. Once the yellow onions are softened, add in the garlic and parsley, and continue to stir fry until fragrant. Stir the chopped tomatoes, bay leaf and paprika powder into the pan and simmer over low to medium-low heat until the sauce is thickened and well combined.
- Once the sauce has thickened, add in the brown rice and stir until well combined. Add water, salt, black pepper and the stock powder into the pan and mix it up gently.
- Cover the pan and turn the heat to medium-low and cook the rice for 30 minutes.
- Once the rice is cooked, remove the bay leaf. Place the cooked squid, prawns and mussels over the rice and continue to cook for another 8 minutes.
- Turn off the heat after 8 minutes and allow the rice to rest for 5 minutes.
- Drizzle the lemon juice over the rice, garnish with Parsley and serve.