Spicy Salmon Bibimbap
|Spicy Salmon Marinade|
light soya sauce
|1 1⁄2 tbsp|
roasted sesame seeds
finely ground black pepper
roasted sesame sauce
roasted sesame seeds
|Bean Sprout Banchan|
shiitake mushrooms, sliced (oyster or shimeji works too)
Salt and pepper
|Baby Corn Furikake|
baby corn, sliced
warm mixed shortgrain rice
sunny side up
Kimchi, finely chopped
How to cook
- Add all spicy salmon marinade ingredients into a bowl and stir well to combine.
- Marinate the salmon pieces and set aside.
- Blanch the bean sprouts and set aside.
- Blanch and squeeze the baby spinach dry.
- Mix baby spinach, sesame sauce and sesame seeds in a small bowl, then set aside.
- Bake marinated salmon in the oven at 180°C for 10 minutes.
- Sauté shiitake mushrooms until caramelised. Season with salt and pepper then set aside.
- Stir fry red chilli with the baby corn for 2 minutes before seasoning with mirin and some furikake, then set aside.
- Fry 2 eggs sunny-side up.
- Add all bibimbap sauce ingredients into a bowl and stir well, then set aside.
- Separate the cooked salmon into smaller chunks gently with a fork and chopsticks.
- Separate the cooked and warm rice into two bowls.
- Arrange bean sprouts, baby spinach, caramelised shiitake mushrooms, baby corn furikake mix, spicy salmon chunks, as well as kimchi neatly on the sides of each bowl.
- Place one sunny-side up egg in the middle of all the ingredients in each bowl.
- Drizzle a small amount of sesame oil over all the ingredients in each bowl.
- Sprinkle some furikake and serve!
You may also like
Spicy Soba Noodles
Crispy Skin Pan Seared Salmon
Roasted Salmon and Vegetables with Cucumber Yogurt Sauce
Spicy Peanut Noodles
Grilled Teriyaki Salmon
Salmon Fillet “Comme A La Maison”
Spaghetti with Salmon and Pesto Genovese
Spicy Chicken Chilli Oil Noodles
Just 5 Minutes: Pan Seared Salmon on Tomatoes
Garlic Lemon Butter Salmon
Xi’an Spiced Chicken with Fragrant Rice
Hot Smoked Salmon
Roasted Prawns with Seaweed Butter
Chicken Fried Rice with XO Sauce
Indian Style Mee Siam with Fresh Prawns
Grilled Striploin Steak with Garlic Butter Mushroom
Octopus Carpaccio with Kimchi Cream
Seafood Pao Fan
Chicken Caesar Wraps
Sunshine Pappardelle in Carrot & Leek Cream
One-Pot Hainanese Chicken Rice
Teriyaki Benja Chicken
Teriyaki Chicken Rice (Inspired by the Changi Airport)
Sweet & Sour Christmas Bells