1 piece Frozen Puff Pastry
60g Frozen Mixed Vegetables
600g Russet Potatoes
1 tsp Salt
30g Unsalted Butter
1 pinch Salt
1 pinch Ground Black Pepper
1 pack Kelly’s Honey Glazed Ham
1 handful Sesame Seeds
- Peel and cut the potatoes into chunks and place them in a large pot. Fill the pot with water that covers at least 1-2” above the potatoes, add in 1 tsp of salt.
- Cover and cook frozen mixed vegetables in microwave on high for about 1-2 min, stirring in between. Set aside.
- Boil the potatoes under high heat for about 10min or until potatoes turn soft, then drain away the water from the pot.
- Combine butter and milk in a small bowl, then microwave it for 1 min to melt the butter.
- Pour the butter and milk mixture into the pot filled with potatoes and stir, mixing them together using a wooden spoon.
- Mash the potato mixture gently using a potato ricer or a big fork. Mix in cooked vegetables, combine well and set aside.
- Cut Kelly’s ham into 8 wedges and set aside.
- Preheat oven at 200°c.
- Defrost the puff pastry and trim it into a big round shape. Press a small bowl in the center of the pastry to form a circle, then cut within the small circle into 8 wedges.
- Spread and arrange the potato mixture onto puff pastry to form a ring, and top it with ham slices.
- Apply some egg wash onto the small circle on the puff pastry.
- Fold the outer pastry up slightly and bring the center wedge up, attach and secure them firmly. Repeat this step for the rest of the wedges to form a wreath.
- Brush the puff pastry wreath with egg wash and sprinkle with some sesame seeds.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15min at 200°c until the puff pastry turns golden brown.
- Assemble and serve